3 Y - SCHOOL AGE
At Nido, our passion is to support children's development through nurturing supportive and loving relationships with children, their families, and our greater community.
Nido is a space where co-existing with one another permeates a culture of inclusion, where individual stories and unique perspectives are woven together by our shared values of reciprocity, respect, and connection to one another, to our land, and to our community. Our team empowers children with tools to overcome and learn from the adversities they may be confronted with in our complicated world.
We model social and emotional awareness in our daily interactions with one another, demonstrate positive self expression, how to respond to difficult situations when they arise, and ways we can problem solve together.
We guide children to develop strategies to overcome conflicts, coach them through dialogue, and encourage them to use the power of language to communicate their feelings.
Nido Lunch Program
Nutritious food acts as fuel for developing minds and bodies of young children. Creating positive experiences with food and establishing good eating habits at an early age help children to develop healthy eating behaviours well into adulthood.
Nido provides fresh, healthy, nutritious, and wholesome lunches for our students. Our in-house chef prepares lunches from scratch daily to nourish and support the children's daily physical activity. We work with a registered dietician specializing in pediatric nutrition, who has approved our menu, and ensures our lunch program creates a balance between nutritious foods while meeting the dietary needs of the children in our care. For more info about our dietician, please feel free to check out her website at https://chowdownnutrition.com/. We offer a variety of foods, textures, and colours to help children develop their palates at an early age.
NIDO’S MEALS ARE DESIGNED BY OUR IN-HOUSE CHEF WITH THESE 4 PRINCIPLES:
- REAL INGREDIENTS
- you know and can pronounce. No added preservatives, additives, artificial flavours or MSG.
- Food often brings people together. Our conversations during lunchtime are a chance to chat and connect with each other. As such, we want to ensure that the food we provide can be enjoyed by all.
- Provide a balanced diet for our students that contains the number of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to fuel developing minds and bodies.
- RESPONSIVE & COLLABORATIVE
- We would like to be responsive to students and families' needs. We welcome our families to bring us ideas and suggestions for our lunch program. Our goal is for children to nourish their bodies, create pleasant meal experiences, and develop a positive relationship with their food and body.
Nido After School Program
Nido's After-School Enrichment Program consists of five exciting enrichment classes led by specialized teachers. The program is available Mondays to Fridays, 3:30-5 PM, for our Primary students. Since this program will extend their day, registration will be at our teachers' discretion and will depend on student readiness.