18 M - 3 Y
Laughter spills out of our Toddler classroom, as children and educators experience the emerging curriculum through active exploration and social interactions.
A slower tempo to the day is encouraged to make space for children’s interests and curiosities to unfold naturally as they experience their environment.
Our program is flexible and responsive: we tune into our students’ natural rhythms and are guided by their dynamic social, emotional, and developmental needs.
The curriculum emerges simultaneously as the children evolve their understanding and experiences of their world.
Nido Lunch Program
Nutritious food acts as fuel for developing minds and bodies of young children. Creating positive experiences with food and establishing good eating habits at an early age help children to develop healthy eating behaviours well into adulthood.
Nido provides fresh, healthy, nutritious, and wholesome lunches for our students. Our in-house chef prepares lunches from scratch daily to nourish and support the children's daily physical activity. We work with a registered dietician specializing in pediatric nutrition, who has approved our menu, and ensures our lunch program creates a balance between nutritious foods while meeting the dietary needs of the children in our care. For more info about our dietician, please feel free to check out her website at https://chowdownnutrition.com/. We offer a variety of foods, textures, and colours to help children develop their palates at an early age.
NIDO’S MEALS ARE DESIGNED BY OUR IN-HOUSE CHEF WITH THESE 4 PRINCIPLES:
- REAL INGREDIENTS
- you know and can pronounce. No added preservatives, additives, artificial flavours or MSG.
- Food often brings people together. Our conversations during lunchtime are a chance to chat and connect with each other. As such, we want to ensure that the food we provide can be enjoyed by all.
- Provide a balanced diet for our students that contains the number of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to fuel developing minds and bodies.
- RESPONSIVE & COLLABORATIVE
- We would like to be responsive to students and families' needs. We welcome our families to bring us ideas and suggestions for our lunch program. Our goal is for children to nourish their bodies, create pleasant meal experiences, and develop a positive relationship with their food and body.
Nido After School Program
Nido's After-School Enrichment Program consists of five exciting enrichment classes led by specialized teachers. The program is available Mondays to Fridays, 3:30-5 PM, for our Primary students. Since this program will extend their day, registration will be at our teachers' discretion and will depend on student readiness.